Back to results

Recovering from the personal effects of Flooding

On 19/02/14 by Liz Gaffer (Director of Marketing & Charity Services, LTC)

Since the severe weather hit the UK at the turn of 2014 we responded quickly by putting together a useful factsheet that provides practical, step-by-step guidance on what to do if your pub has been affected by floodwater.

Call the LTC 0808 801 0550

We have also contacted relevant trade press to raise awareness of how the Support and Care team at the Licensed Trade Charity are here to help. To-date we have received several calls from people in need of help from across the South of England, including Cornwall, Southampton and as far down as Kent. Some of the ways we offer help includes:

  • Income assistance – if you are struggling to pay monthly household bills due to a lack of income, we could provide short-term financial assistance to see you through.
  • If your home has been damaged and your insurance does not cover the cost of temporary accommodation we could help pay for this.
  • If essential personal items have been destroyed in your home and again are not covered by your insurance policy, we could help replace them.
  • If you are ill and need special support which is not provided elsewhere, in the short-term we could arrange this on your behalf.

Whatever your circumstances, if you manage or work in a pub, club, brewery or off-licensed and have been personally affected by the damage caused by floodwater, the Licensed Trade Charity may be able to help you. Our friendly helpline advisors will certainly look at all the options available to you in times of need. As a Charity, we have been providing support for over 200 years to those working in the pubs trade when they face difficult times.

If you’re struggling from the personal effects caused by flooding, please don’t hesitate to give us a call – our Support and Care helpline is FREE on 0808 801 0550. Lines are open from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week and are free from all landlines and most mobile networks. Or go online and type ‘flood’ to read our useful factsheet.


Please login to comment.

Find a blog post

Refine your search here